Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mama responses

The juices are flowing.  This has been such a cool process and has had such wonderful response so far.  I've gotten to reconnect with mama friends, "meet" new mamas and hear more about the experiences of friends I know well but who's experiences were still to be uncovered.  Even if this blog ended today, the outcome of feeling more connected, positive and rejuvinated has been achieved.

A number of amazing mamas will be writing in the upcoming months but here are two exerpts from email responses I have gotten which make me really excited for the full deal!  This has all gotten me so excited about all the ways that I can shake up our routine at home...

What are my passions? I have no shortage of professional passion. Where I have less of a clear vision of passion is beyond family and work…then what? So that’s my growing edge for now.

And the goals lady website reminded me of a good lesson: Not sure if I’ve ever told you but every Feb, Carlos and I celebrate our anniversary (not wedding but start of relationship – 12 years and counting). And we have a journal and we write in it. First, it was just goals for next year. Then it was goals divided into category: him, me, us (then house/garden, now Maya, Camila, Family, etc.) Over the years, we’ve also added in highlights of the previous year and then lowlights too. We document all the births/deaths/marriages/(now) divorces there too. It’s super great and an amazing chronicle of our lives together. But the lady’s blog reminded me (just as we do with businesses/organizations) that goals shouldn’t be one year only but couched as part of a larger vision of what we want our lives to be like many years down the road. So now I’m inspired to revision our practice and see if our one year goals can actually get us somewhere over time. Thank you for the reminder and I’m certain to start thinking of my passions outside of work and family so that I can be a person that is an inspiring role model for these little girls.


the timing couldn't be more perfect. i am still in the thick of it. feel as though i'd just come out of some pretty intense depression for the year plus after quinn's birth and here i am dabbling right back in it after dexter. i want to write. i will write. oh my i used to write so much pre kids. i miss it like a limb. today i'm afraid i'd have little to offer... i'm not sure how to find oneself after kids... but as i write this i do realize that even being vulnerable and open in ones stuckness can provide something for someone somewhere, even if it's just me. so thanks. and it might take a little time, it might now. man it's the biggest adventure i've ever been on.

Do you have a story you want to share?  Tell me about it!

1 comment:

  1. whoever wrote that 2nd blurb; that is the sort of thing i think is so common & so many of us hide. the rough spots. the feeling depressed. you could tell she wrote that off the cuff, very unmoderated. i always love when people actually share what really is up. for me it is helpful & actually inspiring. it's why i've tried to be 'naked' in a blog i keep. it's both for my process & in hopes someone can feel solace from it. i look forward to reading blogs here.

    ReplyDelete